There are two ways to apply to the College of Humanities and Sciences, Nihon University (NU-CHS). If you would like to participate in an exchange program, please contact your home university for details. If you would like to enter a general program as a regular matriculated student, you need to pass the admissions test for foreign students. Due to the limited number of English lectures, fluency in Japanese is required to succeed at the college. Thus, the admissions information for foreign students is available in Japanese only.

To download details about applications, eligibility, and examinations for foreign students, click the link below. (Japanese only)


The required documents for entrance formalities and application for a student visa depends upon each applicant’s situation (nationality, period of staying, exchange or general program, academic degree, family, and so on). Please contact the Academic Affairs Section for details.
(For more information regarding immigration matters, click the link below)

Application form for Certificate of Eligibility


Application for Extension of Period of Stay (in Japanese)

Contact information

Academic Affairs Section (Kyoumu-ka)

College of Humanities and Sciences

Nihon University

3-25-40 Sakurajosui

Setagaya-Ku, Tokyo 156-8550


TEL (813)5317-8497

FAX (813)5317-9444


Nihon University (all colleges)

International Affairs Division